I have a random list of things to tell you. Feel free to hit the "back" button on your browser.
1. August is a vampire. Yes, you read that accurately. It is not a Twilight-esque, sparkly-glittery, super attractive vampire like the ones from recent vampire legend. It's a Bella Lugosi-sized yucky vampire that terrorizes teachers. Its fangs are school, paperwork, and adjustment. It leaves nothing but a shell of teacher - one shriveled up and exhausted. I'll regenerate, but it'll take time and Labor Day to do it.
2. Speaking of Labor Day, I would like to revoke the Labor Day mythology that you cannot wear white in fall/winter, but I fear I do not have the wherewithal to rattle Southern culture. White is just not that important to me.
3. The movie Roadhouse is the most obtuse glob of ridiculousness that I've ever encountered. If you've never seen it, consider yourself lucky. Jeremy watches it every time it comes on (unless Kobe is on television). My favorite thing to ask is, "Is this the part where someone beats someone else up?"
4. Speaking of obtuse globs of ridiculousness, I'm not much better. I'm totally ready for Dancing With the Stars: All Stars! Rhinestones make me happy. Go Team Melissa!
5. If I am being sucked to death by the vampire that is August, I want September to come as quickly as possible. This means I want cooler weather, fun football games, and yummy Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Yes, that's right. I used to think the idea of a Pumpkin Spice Latte was...well, kind of gross. You have to admit, pumpkin and coffee sounds like an odd combination. Then, I got one. I realized that the Pumpkin Spice Latte was basically fall in a cup and I succumbed to its creamy, spicy goodness. The Pumpkin Spice Latte is my friend.
6. I am in a gifted endorsement class. I went to my first class this evening. The instructor, who is retired, made us brownies. I was a happy girl, and quite honestly, it doesn't take much to make me happy. The instructor told us she would bring us a treat every week. I mean, I want to help kids and I think this class will be beneficial, but I'm also thinking, "I hope we get some brownies next week." Food = happy Dana.
7. Downton Abbey is the best show on television. Dancing with the Stars is fun. Downton Abbey? Holy cow, it's just brilliant. I cannot wait until January's season premiere. I'm planning a premiere party with my Jane Austen book club, which means soap opera goodness and food. I'm so excited.
8. I have a lot of blogs to write. I need to write about Amelia's birthday, my reflections on the Harry Potter books, and probably a few other things. However, that vampire has taken too much from me this evening, and I'm rather tired.
...waiting for the blood to ooze back into my system...